Prodia at your service
Some people need to have their blood tested to make sure that the blood is negative from any kind of virus. An example of this is people who have Dengue Fever. Dengue Fever is an acute disease transmitted by mosquitoes, which occurs in the tropics and can be life-threatening. When someone has Dengue Fever, they need to have their blood checked several times.
In order to provide BIMC customers with better service, commencing November 2010 BIMC Hospital and Prodia are providing a service to take BIMC patient’s blood at their house, villa or hotel. This service is only available to BIMC patients who have pre-paid for this service and need their blood checked several times. This is convenient for BIMC patients and best of all; it’s available at no additional charge. A Prodia Nurse will come to your house, Villa or hotel and take your blood sample then bring the sample back to the hospital for testing. Most blood tests results are available in 4 to 5 hours.
The list of the blood tests that are available with this new Prodia service are:
- CBC: Complete Blood Count is used as a broad screening test to check for such disorders as anemia, infection and many other diseases. It is actually a panel of tests that examines different parts of the blood. It is also mainly for patients with Dengue Fever or those that are suspected of having Dengue Fever or patients that have recently been admitted in BIMC Hospital
- Anti-Dengue IgG & IgM: Mainly for patients with Dengue Fever or are suspected of having Dengue Fever and have recently visited or been admitted in BIMC Hospital
- Malaria Microscopic Study: For patients who need “malaria to be ruled out” and have recently visited BIMC Hospital
- Fasting Blood Sugar: Also known as blood glucose test and is ordered to measure the amount of glucose in the blood at the time of sample collection. This service is for patients who are undergoing a “General Medical Check Up” and forget to fast
- Lipid Profile: Measures total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.
This test is available for patients who are undergoing a “General Medical Check Up” and forget to fast
- Uric Acid: The uric acid blood test is used to detect high levels of this compound in the blood in order to assist with the diagnosis of gout. It is used to help diagnose the cause of recurrent kidney stones and to monitor people with gout for stone formation. This service is also available for patients who are undergoing a “General Medical Check Up” and forgot to fast
- INR: International Normalized Ratio is used to monitor the effectiveness of blood thinning drugs such as warfarin (Coumadin). These anti-coagulant drugs help inhibit the formation of blood clots. They are prescribed on a long-term basis to patients who have experienced recurrent inappropriate blood clotting.
This Prodia service is available daily between Monday – Saturday between the hours of 9 am – 4 pm.